If there's one thing that Phnom Penh is lacking, it's a decent movie theater. Besides my little escape to KL, I haven't had the pleasure of theater viewing since - well, since the release of the last Batman movie. The smell of buttery popcorn. The relief of a cool dark theater from summer's heat. Sitting among other movie goers and sharing a laugh or a tear. It's almost magical. I can't wait to indulge once again in one of life's little treats.
I've been browsing IMDB, and here are some movies I'm looking forward to in the coming months:
• Land of the Lost - Who else watched this as a kid?
• Up - Yay Pixar!
• Julia and Julia - A foodie's movie, but Meryl Streep stars. (I still can't get over last summer's Mama Mia.)
• The Time Traveler's Wife - I love Rachel McAdams and I hear the book was excellent. Perhaps I should give it a read first.
• The Proposal - I predict it will turn out to be the perfect summer chick flick.
• My Sister's Keeper - I couldn't put down the book. One of my favorites from Jodi Picoult.
• Whatever Works - With writer/director Woody Allen and Larry David as lead, it should be worth seeing.
• Ghosts of Girlfriends Past - Matthew McConaughey equals another perfect chick flick.
• Where the Wild Things Are - So maybe we're going to have to wait awhile on this one, but I'm THAT excited. A classic childhood book comes to life! (Ok, I just realized how cliche that sounds, but don't lie, you're excited too.)
If you can't tell from the list, my movie taste hovers around girly B movies and over rated kids shows. Guilty pleasure noted. So when's our movie date? You buy the Milk Duds and the popcorn's on me.