8.23.2006

Here we go...

When I signed up for a trip with Contiki Holidays, a travel company for 18-35 year olds, I thought to myself, “Yay! I’m going to Europe!” That aspect alone would have satisfied my inner traveler, but I didn’t have the slightest idea that as I boarded that plane and even as I took my first steps on London soil that I would be having the adventure of a lifetime. City after city. Country after country. One surprise after another. This trip was nothing like what I could have imagined. Take 45 college students from across the nation, put them on a coach and send them blazing down Europe’s highways – it sounds like the ultimate reality show. But no, it ended up in one unbelievable trip.

In two weeks I've run down the steps of the Eiffle Tower, climbed the mountain tops of the Swiss Alps, white water rafted through Austria's mountain side and made a human pyramid in Venice's San Marco Piazza. Just when I thought I'd conquered new territory, a new surpise was headed my way. Read this blog, and hopefully you'll be inspired to create your own adventure!

No comments: