9.05.2008

Stand Up and Cheer Across the Field

My heart is in Ohio this weekend as my alma mater prepares for a fight against my favorite football team. Although I know the Bobcats don't stand a chance against the Buckeyes, I hope they play a good game. I'm especially bummed I'll be missing halftime when "The Most Exciting Band in the Land" takes to the field alongside "The Best Damn Band in the Land." I'm currently blasting fight songs to commemorate.

I know Saturdays are practically holy days in Columbus, but I'm not sure that enthusiasm spreads across international borders. Nonetheless, I'll keep my eyes peeled around town for broadcasts of the big game.

Please shout a little "O-H-I-O" cheer for me, regardless of where your allegences lie.

4 comments:

Crys said...

Go Bobcats!!!

:)

Michael and Yukiko Jones said...

Just scream out "O-H" and you may be surprised to hear someone holler out "I-O." Can't hurt to try.

Anonymous said...

GO BUCKS!!

Sitting on the edge of Hannah. On generator, road in flooded, white caps crashing over and through the dock. Have phone and computer but no cable. As the game is on ESPN, and we don't get them often here I will be bummed if we can't get it!! But we can run a radio feed through the computer.
Be careful out there running!!
be well

KBrock said...

Pfft, I'm an I-L-L-I-N-I girl. I have no idea if our football team is any good this year, but here's hoping.