Is it possible to miss the city you haven't left yet? I'm so excited to move and dive into "grown-up" life, but I'm already homesick for Columbus. It's hard to think that I might never live here again - the place I've called home for 22+ years. I LOVE it here and this is why:
- Driving on 670 past the Wonderbread factory in the evening smells like fresh-baked yumminess.
- Scarlet is my favorite color and the streets are flooded with it on game day Saturdays.
- Fun murals hide on brick walls in the Short North.
- German Village has the best tasting cream puffs.
- You can't get lost as long as you can find 270.
- Seeing a show - especially the Nutcracker - at the beautiful and historical Ohio Theater always feels special.
- No zoo in the nation compares to Jack Hannah's zoo.
- Festival season. Hands down.
- You can order tea to accompany your popcorn and film at the Drexel Theater.
- Cows reside on a farm 5 minutes from downtown.
- I will always see the skyline through 10-year-old eyes and imagine that Godzilla took a huge bite out of the Huntington Building.
Ah, nostalgia. It always gets the best of me.
Photo courtesy Eric Shinn.