1.31.2011

Pigeon Pose


Today, I attended my first class at a yoga studio in town that I'm trying out. After a hectic day, it felt so good to focus my intentions and relax, stretch and strengthen.

One of my favorite yoga positions is pigeon pose (eka pada rajakapotasana). This position is an excellent hip opener, whether you have tight muscles from sitting at a desk all day or the fatigue of an avid runner. Today, I learned to bind the pose, which gives the added benefit of a chest opener ... just what I needed after a day spent hunched over a computer.

This pose certainly is a challenge, but after doing it, my whole body feels better. Yoga is one of my favorite things to do to stay in balance, ease tension and re-energize. What do you do to remotivate yourself?

Photo thanks!

No comments: