10.14.2008

Crazy Week: Day 2

I just wanted to leave a quick note to say that I survived Day 2. I ended up not having to potentially insult the Prime Minister or any of the other dignified guests by mispronouncing their names. (Although, I did practice in bed last night before falling asleep.) As it turns out I was the back up to the back up facilitator and my talents were not needed today. (Phew!)

I did, however, get to wear my black power suit and run around feeling important. I wasn't really all that important... but I could have been, and that is important to me. Anyway, enough about importance. I was delegated the task of helping University VP, Dr. Munroe, summarize the talks given at the sessions. Neither of us were really sure why we were summarizing, as the panelists each provided us with copies of their speeches, but I guess too much information is better than not enough.

Read more about the forum in today's Phnom Penh Post. (A successful media relations venture on my part -- not to gloat.) If you happen to see the front page article about a possible conflict with Thailand breaking out, do not worry. The Thai troops have retreated. I am safe (and would have been anyway).

No comments: