7.07.2009

Looking at the Little Things

I know I've pulled material from Naturally Nina before to put on this blog, but in her positive spirit, she makes a bleak world look a little brighter. As I'm home and still readjusting to the time change between Cambodia and America, it's easy to get down on myself for not having an immediate direction in life. Some people are so good at "just being" and I admire them for that, but it's something I've always had a hard time with. Here's a great exercise courtesy of Nina we should all practice so we can continue to motivate ourselves when life gets us down and times get tough.
Life lesson: "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~Robert Brault
Little things that make me happy:
  • An intimate conversation with a close friend.
  • Coffee shops with free WiFi.
  • A breeze on a sunny day.
  • Pending adventures.
  • Rediscovering old greeting cards.
  • The smell of home.
  • Dog parks.
  • Stacks of good books to read.
  • Original art.
  • Hugs.
  • Parades and fireworks.
  • The ability to make choices, even if the decisions are difficult.
  • Air conditioned markets!
What details of life make you happy?

1 comment:

Crys said...

I like reading lakeside or at a park. The California redwoods make for some good times too. :)