11.10.2009

Got Energy?



Do you ever have a low energy week? What do you do to get revved up?

Do you set yourself a goal to keep motivated?
Do you perform a certain exercise?
Do you eat a particular food?
Do you make sure you go to bed by a reasonable hour?

Share with me your secrets, please! Nothing I do this week seems to be lifting this veil of grogginess. Not caffeine, not three-mile runs or yoga, not multi-vitamins ... and there's just not enough time in the day to go to bed before 11 p.m., so you can forget that.

On a side note, I've heard wheat grass is a great way to boost vitality, and lucky me, I have some growing (really fast) in my windowsill. What do I do with it? Wheatgrass juicers cost like $200, so I don't see one of those gracing my counter in the near future. Help please!

(I'm really needy today.)

Photo courtesy marklarka

3 comments:

alison said...

Oh No! I've had similar weeks (months?) of grogginess... Last time I went for a walk in the fall leaves and then laid down in a patch of sun and just looked at the sky for a bit. I felt um... re-centred(?) after and not so groggy. That doesn't work so well when you're at work, but maybe just take some time to think/pray/reflect?

Crys said...

Sugar-Free Amp Energy Drinks and Swearing in a kid-free zone. That's all I got. :)

Laura Lee said...

Yikes, you just hit all my secrets to boosting my energy: running, coffee, more sleep, yoga. Hmm, the only other thing I can think that might help is to up your veggie intake. Did anything ever end up working?