1.05.2010

My, What a Difference a Decade Makes!


Forget the new year. How has your new decade been?

Ten years seems to have gone by so fast, but looking back, it's quite amazing to see how things have changed.

In 2000, I was in my first year of high school.
In 2010, I am in my first year of grown-up job.

In 2000, my hobbies included ballet, journaling and training for 5Ks.
In 2010, my hobbies include yoga, blogging and training for half marathons.

In 2000, you could hear some mixture of R&B or pop coming out of my boom box.
In 2010, you can hear some mixture of country and singer-songwriters coming out of my iPod.

In 2000, the weirdest song topping the charts was Blue (Daba De Daba Di) by Eiffle 65.
In 2010, the weirdest song topping the charts is Paparazzi, or anything else by Lady Gaga.

In 2000, I was out of touch with technology because I talked on a household phone still connected to the wall.
In 2010, I am out of touch with technology because I don't have a phone with apps.

In 2000, I got excited about buying spaghetti-strap tank tops.
In 2010, I get excited about buying salad spinners.

In 2000, I wondered if I'd find a date to homecoming that year.
In 2010, I wonder if I'll have a date for the next 10,000 weddings this year.

In 2000, the farthest I'd ever traveled was Disney World. I stayed a week.
In 2010, the farthest I've ever traveled is Cambodia. I stayed a year.

In 2000, the biggest drama in my life was what to do with my Friday night.
In 2010, the biggest drama in my life is what to do with my life.

I can't wait to see what the next 10 years have in store. What changes have you seen during the 2000s? Tell me please!

Photo thanks!

2 comments:

Laura Lee Bloor of Tenacious Me said...

I love this post! Very clever -- I totally remember the "I'm blue ...ba do be da bo da" song! How funny!

Katherine said...

great blog!!!!!!
thanks for the Christmas card, , our mail goes to KSs office and when he brought it home he was trying to work out which country is meant by KY.....i guess its your state, but for awhile there he thought it was from kenya, until i told him it was from Independence Monument Rachael