2.11.2010

The Red Rain Trench


The other night I had a dream I was wearing a red rain trench. It was chic and shiny and had big red buttons and a hood to keep my head dry. The red was vibrant and energetic - the color of a blooming amaryllis. I don't remember anything else about the dream, just that I was wearing this fabulous jacket.

I'm of the school of thought that dreams allow us to peek into our innermost selves - the part of our being that our waking self doesn't understand. What does my red trench mean? The dream itself so simple, yet the meaning it holds could penetrate depths.

According to DreamForth.com:
To see red in your dream indicates raw power, élan, fervor, intense passion, agression, authority and bravery. It connotes deep emotions and spirituality. ... To dream of the color red suggests danger, stigma and even compulsion, particularly in sex. Your dream is a nudge for you to rethink your actions and avoid being impulsive.

As for the jacket, it says:
To see or wear a jacket in your dream is a symbol of the impression you hope to express to others. It may also signify your tendency to be cynical and suspicious. You should use caution with your actions or you may risk pushing others away and repressing your emotions. Pay attention to the look, color, and texture of the jacket as this can hold more meanings.

What do you think? Be my dream interpreter.

Photo thanks!

No comments: