2.06.2011

Bollywood and Yo-yos



Hi lovelies! How was your weekend?

Lately, I've been trying on a new wardrobe of activities to find out what "looks good on me." It's sort of been my unofficial theme for 2011. This weekend, I picked up some new finds:

Bollywood Dancing
As my mom says, I was dancing before I left the womb.  But as much as I like to cut a rug, never would I have thought the moves of Bollywood would capture my intrigue. This weekend I took a workshop to learn the dance that has taken the Hindi-film industry by storm, and I loved it. It incorporates many forms of international dance with Indian classical and folk into a bouncy yet expressive dance form. We learned a simplified version of the choreography above. I can't wait to learn more!

Sewing Yo-yos 
I've been bursting at the seams for a craft project lately, so this weekend I headed over to Hobby Lobby and picked up some fabric and a yo-yo maker. Sewing has always been a frustration for me, but right now, I'm drawn to the needle and thread (even if I did get the thread tangled and lose the needle a couple thousand times). I'm hoping I'll get the hang of things quickly, so I can start making cool necklaces like this.

I've been experimenting with lots of new things lately, like crafts and music and dance and yoga. I think this is because I'm afraid of my life becoming boring. Or worse, complacent. Do you think this is a healthy outlook? Have you tried anything new lately, and why?

2 comments:

Chunky Knubby Navel said...

I LOVE Bollywood films! The dancing is always so amazing. =)

Whitney

Emily said...

Oh my goodness. The Bollywood dancing looks like so much fun. What a great thing to try! Good luck with the sewing projects. Those are on my "one day" list. haha. Hope one day gets here soon!